Sunday, February 14, 2010

JRN 521: Ambient Light



Light from lamp post over Bedreau's head, and light from spot light under chandelier.

ISO:800 Shutter Speed: Bulb Aperature: 4.0

Midland resident, Ted Bedreau admires The Iris Chandelier at the Dow Gardens in Midland, MI on February 13, 2010. WinterGarden Glass featured the glass artwork of Craig Mitchell Smith.




Light from lamp post overhead along with lamp post camera left, and Christmas lights camera left as well. Some of these photos had use of a flash set at 1/16th power and a reflector, however, this photo did not utilize those.

ISO:800 Shutter Speed: 1/30 Aperature: 4.0

Midland senior Joe Vercellino sits on a street corner in down town Mt. Pleasant and plays the guitar on a Sunday night. "I don't play for money, I just play so people can listen," says Vercellino.

2 comments:

  1. Being that I was there I already knew what your Dow Gardens photo was going to look like. But I like how you shot the man from the back, the lights gave him a nice rim light. This was very to shoot, so good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job aliscia. I like the guitar picture. the lighting was used well

    ReplyDelete